DIA0532/LV - Finance Manager
|Job Title||Finance Manager|
|Division||Finance and Admin|
|Salary information||£35,003 - £48,132|
|Date of interviews||15/09/2009|
Diamond Light Source is a new synchrotron and a leading scientific facility of its type in the world. Located on the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in South Oxfordshire, we host facilities supporting cutting edge research in all fields of science.
To manage the achievement of finance department objectives. To sustain and improve its systems, reporting and processes.
- Provide routine and timely financial and other reports to the required degree of accuracy for submission to the Head of Finance as a fully reviewed final version;
- Manage the development of financial systems and reporting through the use of corporate or departmental IT applications to provide effective and robust financial systems and processes within the Finance environment and across the Company as a whole;
- Be the IT system administrator for the Company Financial IT applications and to review/maintain/upgrade the financial website when appropriate;
- To be responsible for preparation, review & consolidation of budgets and long range plans;
- Manage the preparation of the annual statutory accounts;
- Manage the processes for the control and reporting of fixed assets, the calculation of depreciation, the carrying out of impairment reviews and reconciliation to statutory accounts;
- Manage the day to day banking and treasury activities;
- Manage VAT reporting and submission of returns;
- Line manage the finance team, currently 5 people;
- Contribute to the development of managers’ financial awareness.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Qualified CCAB accountant;
- At least two years of post qualification experience;
Management Accounting Skills
- Experienced in producing monthly management accounts and other financial reporting;
- Goal oriented/completer;
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to self check own work and that of others;
Technical Accounting Skills
- Can demonstrate a good general knowledge of UKGAAP or IFRS principles;
- Experience of accounting for major projects, both within the management accounts and statutory accounts environment;
- Understands the principles of VAT accounting and has established routines for the extraction of data for the preparation of VAT returns;
Technical IT Skills
- Able to provide IT based solutions for data extraction and reporting;
- Able to adapt existing complex IT based routines to changing requirements;
- Experienced in the application of pivot and lookup tables;
- Able to demonstrate a proactive approach to developing systems and process for other users;
- Project and time management skills.
- Experience of staff management;
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels and with external customers and advisors.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience of producing statutory accounts;
- Experience of defining accounting policies;
- Understands the principles of CT accounting;
- Experience as the financial IT system manager;
- Worked within a medium sized organisation.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com