Electrical Maintenance Technician
|Job Title||Electrical Maintenance Technician|
|Salary information||Circa £27k|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located at Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire, we enable world-leading research across a wide range of scientific disciplines and industrial applications.
- Undertake primarily the electrical maintenance but also some mechanical maintenance of the Diamond Electrical / Mechanical and Building Services Infrastructure
- Problem solving and fault diagnosis on all site services, including electrical systems (LV switchgear and distribution systems), lighting, UPS systems, LV standby generators, fire detection and smoke control systems, lightning protection, etc.
- Carry out basic understanding and analysis / diagnosis of air conditioning equipment such as fan coil units and air handling units etc.
- Assist with monitoring and testing duties, as required by the Statutory Authorities
- Liaison and supervision of external contractors, service engineers and suppliers, including sub contractor technical audits.
- Liaison / communication with various departments / teams across Diamond to safely achieve maintenance activities.
- Carry out and assist with the preparation of safety risk assessments and method statements.
- Participate in Health and Safety and Quality Assurance procedures as appropriate to the post.
- Assist in the control of spares stock, as well identifying future spare requirements
- Support the Senior Maintenance Technician where required and assist in completing the planned maintenance programme.
- Plan individual work load and identify any potential resources (i.e. MEWP).
- Undertake non maintenance duties (i.e. small project work) within the IFM Group as and when the need arises.
- May be required to participate in the “on call”.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Work planning and organisational skills.
- Good communication skills: verbal/written.
- Able to organise and prioritise tasks to meet planned maintenance timescales.
- Experience with LV Electrical systems
- Electrical cabling to 17th Edition Wiring Regs.
- Experience with UPS systems, LV standby generators, fire detection and smoke control systems and lightning protection.
- City & Guilds BS7671 Wiring Regulations Qualification or equivalent knowledge.
- BS2391 Electrical Testing & Inspection.
- The Applicant should have served a recognised Apprenticeship in an Engineering discipline.
- Effective team worker
- Flexible approach to the working conditions and environment
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Computer literate.
- Experience of HV systems (11kv & 3.3kv) including HV transformers / RMU’s and switch gear.
- Experience with Building Management Systems
- Experience with Air conditioning systems
- Familiarity with using Quality Control Systems, Work Planning and Safe Systems of work.
- Experience of HSE legislation
- At least 10 years work experience
- JiB Approved Electrician
- MEWP / Boom licence
- Prepared to learn new skills
- Able to get on with people at all levels
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com