Senior Helpdesk Analyst - Multimedia
|Job Title||Senior Helpdesk Analyst - Multimedia|
|Division||Finance and Admin|
|Salary information||Circa £32k|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located at Harwell Science & Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire, we enable world-leading research across a wide range of scientific disciplines and industrial applications.
The aim of the Senior Helpdesk Analyst is to provide IT Helpdesk technical and Multi Media expertise, deal with and resolve user queries relating to IT systems. Develop and document Helpdesk technical standards and processes.
We seek a Helpdesk Analyst Multimedia to join our IT Helpdesk team, a 50/50 split responsibility role providing Desktop support and Multimedia/Video conferencing support. This is a hands on role and requires a 'can do' attitude and effort.
As Helpdesk analyst you will take and fix user queries including those relating to Windows (XP & 7), hardware, networks and printers. Your strong technical knowledge will be applied to resolving calls, and sharing this expertise with members of the IT Helpdesk, you’ll take the lead in technical standards/processes.
As Multimedia expert, you will lead all development and support of Diamond’s meeting rooms facilities and video conferencing, recording, editing and streaming. You will also support servers, desktops and applications providing Multimedia services. Some time will be spent on supporting the Diamond communications group activities including occasional out of hours/weekend support.
The ideal candidate will confidently work on their own, and as part of a team. You’re solutions focused, a good organiser, able to efficiently deal with immediate priorities as well as scheduling and preparing for future commitments.
- Advise and support beamline & lab users on application of Diamond Policy and procedure with respect to IT systems equipment and processes;
- Take the lead in providing technical expertise and develop standards for new Technical environments and systems;
- Define and provide IT technical support to events as appropriate e.g. Communications projects, participate in the planning and preparation of events and projects including Technical resource allocation and relationship management (external and internal);
- Develop documentation (i.e. supporting materials) to support the delivery of Technical IT processes;
- Proactive support to all users on problem resolution;
- Liaise and co-ordinate with internal and external systems providers and suppliers e.g. Site Wide IT department or DELL;
- First line user support of all systems supported by the Helpdesk;
- Resolve, record, and track user calls to completion, keeping the user updated of progress;
- Advise users on software use and setup;
- Ensure and monitor user adherence to Anti Virus and IT Security policy in force;
- New staff and IT moves support (setup and installation of desktop/laptop/printer);
- As required support other IT divisions and participate in general ad hoc projects e.g. Audits, backups and Networking;
Manage, develop and support;
- Multimedia provisions including video conferencing and meeting rooms (e.g. laptops and projectors);
- Audio/Video streaming for events as well as appropriate and secure data transfer facility for external users;
- One-off events, with additional equipment and services as required, for example official openings, VIP visits and Synchrotron User meetings;
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft O/S XP & W7;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2007;
- Supporting PC Desktop & Laptops and resolving helpdesk issues;
- General Networking (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, cabling);
- Multimedia support/protocols (VC, streaming, Codec);
- Peripheral IT equipment support;
- Helpdesk/Multimedia role or similar;
- Significant experience;
- Helpdesk/IT management;
- External provider co-ordination (Dell, HP);
- Proactive approach, Team player, good inter personal communicator at all levels (written and spoken);
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- A Levels or equivalent;
- Microsoft Certified Engineer MCSE, RHCE or equivalent;
- Linux knowledge/support;
- Technical group, BCS or Call Centre (Helpdesk) membership;
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com