|Job Title||Software Engineer|
|Date of interviews||05/07/2013|
Diamond Light Source is currently looking for a high calibre Java software engineer help it’s Data Acquisition Team with the goal to implement world standard software for scientific research in the UK.
Diamond Light Source is a new synchrotron and a leading scientific facility of its type in the world. Located on the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in South Oxfordshire, we will host research facilities supporting cutting edge research in all fields of science.
The successful candidate will work on the development of the Data Acquisition systems of the various beamlines at Diamond. The role involves working with highly motivated scientists and software colleagues using a highly advanced range of computing technologies, tools and scientific methods.
Diamond software development conforms to industry practice exploiting test driven development and continuous integration framed within an Agile strategy.
Develop the Data Acquisition system used on beamlines in collaboration with the other members of the Data Acquisition and Scientific Computing Group and beamline scientists.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
• First degree or equivalent qualification;
• Several years of Java programming
• GUI programming in Java.
• Agile development
• Problem analysing and solving skills.
• Good interpersonal, communication and presentational skills;
• Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels;
• Ability to work in multidisciplinary team across a number of sites;
• Must be available to travel occasionally in UK and overseas including overnight absences;
• Some project management
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Eclipse RCP programming
- First degree in a nature science or equivalent qualification;
- Use of Linux
Must be available to travel occasionally in UK and overseas including overnight absences.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org