PA to Science Division
|Job Title||Personal Assistant to the Science Division|
|Salary information||Circa £26k|
|Date of interviews||13/05/2013|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located at Harwell Science & Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire, we enable world-leading research across a wide range of scientific disciplines and industrial applications.
The Diamond Science division currently has an opening for a Personal Assistant (PA) to provide high quality administrative support to the two Science Directors and other senior staff within the Division. The PA will be responsible for a range of tasks including diary and email management, coordination of travel itineraries of the Directors as well taking an administrative support role in the Science Division.
You will be an expert user of MS office IT systems including email, internet, word processing and databases. Highly literate and competent in drafting correspondence, prioritising tasks and a skilled organiser.
- Provide high quality administrative support to the Science Directors and Coordinators within Science Division, this includes the organisation and maintenance of diaries and making appointments on behalf of the Science Directors;
- Provide administrative support for Science Division, liaising with other Science Division administrative staff where appropriate, Organise Science Division meetings and advisory panels, prepare agendas and take notes and minutes of meetings;
- Devise and maintain office systems, including data management and filing;
- Coordinate workshops and other meetings with external groups within Science Division acting as the point of contact with other Diamond departments in particular the Diamond communications team;
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests and handling them when appropriate on behalf of the Science Directors;
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as determined by the Divisional Director or nominee.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Excellent IT skills – standard MS office (word-processing, spreadsheets, presentations, web);
- Excellent oral and written communication manners;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Self motivated, pro-active and able to work flexibly;
- Strong sense of initiative;
- Good attention to detail;
- Ability to manage various activities and recognise interconnections;
- Ability to work well under pressure and reorganise tasks at short notice;
- Discretion and sensitivity when dealing with confidential matters;
- Ability to work with a range of people at all levels across the organisation;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Education to “A”-level or equivalent;
- Understanding of science and scientific issues;
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Awareness of budgets and projects management;
- Proficiency in another language.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com