DIA0514/TH - Building Services Engineer
|Job Title||Building Services Engineer|
|Salary information||Circa £33 k (dependant on skills, qualifications, and experience).|
|Date of interviews||//|
To assist the BDC (Building Design Co-ordinator) in delivering designs, specifications and tendered work packages resulting in the selection of contractors to carry out building and building services projects.
- Take responsibility for a number of projects in the group;
- Liaise with Diamond technical, scientific, planning, procurement and facility management departments through the whole project life cycle;
- Liaise with the external consultants retained by DLS and facilitate good communication and exchange of information and ideas with the project team;
- Advise the internal clients on appropriate procurement methods and expertise required;
- Setting up and running meetings, preparing and distributing the notes and minutes;
- Manage the transfer of design information into and out of DLS keeping close control on issue levels and review comments;
- Closely monitor the consultants design quality, progress and general performance;
- Contribute to the design risk assessment process;
- Participate in the tender adjudication process and prepare tender adjudication reports;
- Preparation of monthly design progress reports;
- Work closely with the construction manager to ensure that all design information is available to the contractor for implementation;
- Participate in contractor feedback meetings and value engineering process;
- Assist in the management of the commercial aspect of the consultancies;
- Contribute to the development of relevant procedures associated with the design of various projects up to the selection of the contractor.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Degree/ HND in relevant technical subject;
- Competence in AutoCAD;
- Expertise in either mechanical or electrical services;
- Computer literate and experienced with Microsoft Office Suite of products;
- Developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Self motivated and able to work on own initiative, paying attention to detail;
- Team player, but able to drive for results;
- Ability to chair and control meetings.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- A CIBSE or equivalent;
- Compilation of project plans and estimates;
- CDM regulations and designer risk assessments;
- Planning, building regs and construction practice;
- 3yrs minimum relevant experience delivering multi-disciplined projects;
- Production of Building and building services design and procurement specs for projects;
- Management of tender process and adjudication.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org