DIA0493/SV - Safety Assistant
|Job Title||Safety Assistant|
|Salary information||Circa £26k (dependant on skills, qualifications and previous experience)|
|Date of interviews||//|
Diamond Light Source is a new synchrotron and a leading scientific facility of its type in the world. Located on the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in South Oxfordshire, we host research facilities supporting cutting edge research in all fields of science.
- General administrative support to the SHE team;
- Coordination and organisation of manager’s safety inspections;
- Assisting the biological safety officer in order to gain a basic understanding and an appreciation of biological safety practice;
And to provide support to the SHE team in:
- Administration and maintenance of risk assessment and health and safety documentation;
- The assessment of beamline proposals including biological safety;
- The assessment of Experimental Risk Assessments including biological safety;
- The implementation of the company environmental policies and procedures;
- The investigation, recording, and monitoring of accidents and incidents.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications;
- Experience of environmental control;
- Experience in biological safety work;
- Workplace experience of application of safety management;
- Biology or microbiology degree.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com