|Job Title||Assistant Beamline Design Coordinator|
|Salary information||Circa £33k|
• Take responsibility for a number of projects in the group.
• Liaise with Diamond technical, scientific, planning, procurement and facility management departments through the whole project life cycle.
• Liaise with the external consultants retained by Diamond and facilitate good communication and exchange of information and ideas with the project team
• Advise the internal clients on appropriate procurement methods and expertise required
• Setting up and running meetings, preparing and distributing the notes and minutes.
• Manage the transfer of design information into and out of Diamond keeping close control on issue levels and review comments
• Closely monitor the consultants design quality, progress and general performance
• Contribute to the design risk assessment process
• Participate in the tender adjudication process and prepare tender adjudication reports.
• Preparation of monthly design progress reports
• Work closely with the construction manager to ensure that all design information is available to the contractor for implementation
• Participate in contractor feedback meetings and value engineering process
• Assist in the management of the commercial aspect of the consultancies.
• Contribute to the development of relevant procedures associated with the design of various projects up to the selection of the contractor.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self motivated and able to work on own initiative, paying attention to detail
• Team player but able to drive for results
• Computer literate and experienced with Microsoft Office Suite of products
• Competent in AutoCAD
• Expertise in either mechanical or electrical services, civil, structural or architectural design
• Degree/ HND in relevant technical subject
• Ability to chair and control meetings
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
• Production of Building and building services design and procurement specifications for projects
• Project Management
• Management of the tender process and adjudication
• ACIBSE or equivalent
• Significant relevant experience delivering multi-discipline projects
• Compilation of project plans and estimates
• CDM regulations and designer risk assessments
• Planning, building regs and construction practice
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org