PDRA, Wellcome Trust
|Job Title||Post Doctoral Research Associate - Wellcome Trust|
|Salary information||£28,409 - £39,050; starting salary, dependent on assessment of previous relevant experience and qualifications|
|Date of interviews||04/02/2011|
Diamond Light Source is a new synchrotron and a leading scientific facility of its type in the world. Located on the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in South Oxfordshire, we host facilities supporting cutting edge research in all fields of science.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced crystallographer at the Post Doctoral Research Associate level to work on a Wellcome trust funded project focused on understanding the role of cyclic di-GMP in the regulation of bacterial virulence.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Protein purification, crystallization and structure determination of targeted proteins;
- Publication of results in international peer-reviewed journals;
- Attend and present work at relevant scientific meetings.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- PhD in biochemistry or related disciplines; or equivalent qualification or experience;
- Sound understanding of methods, systems and approaches relating to macromolecular crystallography;
- Good laboratory research skills;
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentational skills;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Ability to plan and carry out a research project;
- Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels;
- Ability to work on own initiative and take personal responsibility for delivery of work;
- Must be available to travel occasionally within the UK and abroad, including overnight absences.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience or knowledge of synchrotrons;
- Experience in cloning and recombinant expression of proteins for structural studies.
Informal inquires about the research post can be directed to Dr. Martin Walsh email@example.com
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org