Life Sciences - Supporting business growth & productivity
STFC B4I Life Sciences Event
The STFC B4I Life Sciences event aims to help companies access a range of world-class science facilities using B4I funding. It has been designed specifically to meet the needs of the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
- 26/03/20192019-03-26 - 26/03/20192019-03-26
- Visitor’s Centre, Rutherford Appleton Laboratories (RAL), Harwell Campus, Didcot, OX11 0QX
Why should you attend?
The event will give you the chance to:
- find out more about B4I funding opportunities,
- explore the capabilities of world-class scientific research facilities to address complex challenges
- discover how other companies have benefited from using the B4I partner facilities
- network with fellow peers
- participate in a guided tour of the facilities, to see first-hand the capabilities available and identify R&D opportunities for your company.
Who should attend?
Individuals involved in pharmaceutical R&D would find this event of interest. In particular:
- R&D leads
- Science project leads
- Manufacturing process managers
All attendees are required to register for this event.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
For any further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
10.00 Registration and refreshments
10.30 Introduction to STFC and the B4I programme
10.35 Introduction to research facilities:
- Diamond Light Source
- ISIS Neutron and Muon Source
- Central Laser Facility
- Hartree Centre
11.15 Open Q&A with facilities panel
11.40 Business case studies
- Astra Zeneca demonstrate the benefits of using Diamond Light Source to address complex challenges in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- MedImmune share their experience of using ISIS to improve formulation design
- OxSyBio discuss their use of CLF to optimise the performance of synthetic tissue produced using 3D printing techniques.
12.25 Open Q&A with industry panel
12.45 Lunch & networking
14.00 Keynote speaker
- Chick Wilson from CMAC shares his experience of working with industry to optimise manufacturing research, using a combination of X-ray and neutron methods
14.45 B4I funding programme (how to access funding)
15.00 Tours (Choose one from: Diamond, ISIS, CLF)
About the B4I programme
B4I is a programme run by STFC to support UK industry to overcome challenging product, manufacturing or process performance. Accessing their unique laboratories and engaging with world class researchers, you will develop projects that address your specific challenge and help you make a step-change to your business.
Full details of scope, eligibility and application process are available on the STFC website.