ImagingBioPro Network Workshop
Learning How Large Facilities Can Help Image Musculoskeletal (MSK) Processes
This workshop will introduce the capabilities of the UK’s Large Imaging Facilities (Diamond Light Source, Central Laser Facility (CLF) and ISIS Neutron Source) to MSK biologists, medics, engineers and other researchers.
- 10/09/20192019-09-10 - 10/09/20192019-09-10
- Diamond Light Source
Overview & registration
The workshop also includes guided visits to the CLF, ISIS, as well as Diamond and its integrated facilities, the electron Physical Sciences Imaging Centre (ePSIC) and the electron Bio-Imaging Centre (eBIC).
Registration is £30 to attend - this covers lunch and all refreshments for the day.
Places are limited and confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- 11:00-11:15 – User Case Study – Dr Marta Pena-Fernandez
- 11:15-11:30 – User Case Study – Dr Himadri Gupta
- 12:00-12:15 – User Case Study – Dr Emma Springate
- 12:35-12:45 – User Case Study - Dr James Doutch
- ePSIC - Dr Chris Allen (Principal Scientist) & Dr Tom Slater (Electron Microscopy Scientist)
- ISIS - Dr Genoveva Burca & Dr James Doutch
- Diamond - Dr Paul Quinn & Dr Himadri Gupta
- CLF - Prof. Stanley Botchway & Dr Emma Springate
Early Career Researcher - Bursary Opportunity
If you are an ECR (up to seven years post-award of PhD) and wish to apply for travel support from ImagingBioPro, please email email@example.com a short explanation (200 words) of how this workshop will help to guide your future research plans.
The ImagingBioPro team will evaluate your application and will contact you directly regarding the outcome.
For any further information about this workshop, please contact the Diamond Events team.
Parking on campus
Due to a large number of building works on site, parking on the Harwell Campus is extremely limited and visitors’ parking cannot be guaranteed. We strongly recommend travelling by public transport, where possible, if you are attending an event at Diamond. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Find here more information on how to get to Diamond by public transport.