Be careful when using the sample changer!
- The sample changer does not know about samples you have loaded manually.
- If there is a robot-mounted sample on the goniometer when you change pucks, the sample will crush the pin in the new puck as it unloads.
- If you unload the final sample by hand, the users after you will have problems because the robot still believes a sample is mounted.
- After unloading your last sample, do not open the hutch door until the robot has dried.
- If the sample changer gives an 'E-stop' error, first reset the robot by clicking 'reconnect' from the 'Robot Options' button. When the sample changer is ready, click 'On' and wait for the 'Sample Changer is Idle' message. Then dry the end effector by clicking 'Dry' in the options list. Then, check the samples in the dewar by closing the shutter, and checking inside the dewar that the pin is present and correctly aligned on the base plate.
In in doubt at any time please call the local contact or the EHC for assistance, especially if you are working remotely.