DIA0531/LV - Casual Workers
|Job Title||Casual Workers|
|Salary information||£8-£12 per hour, dependant upon skills and relevant experience and assigned activities|
|Date of interviews|
Diamond Light Source is a new synchrotron and a leading scientific facility of its type in the world. Located on the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in
We are currently seeking enthusiastic and flexible individuals to work on a casual and an ad-hoc basis as part of our Communications Team. Projects would suit individuals with a keen interest in science and communicating with audiences ranging from academic researchers to the local community.
You should be able to contribute to a variety of activities including:
- Prepare information packs and assist with the administration for activities undertaken by the Communications team;
- Organise mail-outs;
- Desk research using the internet and web of science;
- Assist with media monitoring activities;
- General assistance with logistics linked with communications activities;
- Help sorting-out stock in communication store for events and other activities.
- Assist with public visits at various times of the year;
- Help with exhibitions, logistics and their delivery;
- Help with content editing for websites;
- Participate and assist in grant application process for science communication.
- Contribute to other activities as required by the communications team.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Strong organisational skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Attention to details;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Knowledge of MS office, mail merge and database system and Internet searching;
- An interest in scientific research;
- IT literate;
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Degree or equivalent in science or marketing communication discipline;
- Experience of content editing web and intranet sites;
- Experience in research methods;
- Ability to work at weekends.
To find out more about these opportunities and for an informal discussion, please contact Isabelle Boscaro-Clarke, Head of Communications, on 01235 778130.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org