|Job Title||Logistics Assistant|
|Salary information||Circa £15k|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located at Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire, we enable world-leading research across a wide range of scientific disciplines and industrial applications.
We require a Logistics Assistant to support the Goods Handling team. The main duties will be to ensure deliveries are collected and recorded, to relocate to storage areas when required and to provide general support to the office.
Successful candidates will have experience with workging within a stores envoronment along with general office administrative dutues. Experience of working in a multi-discipline environment with scientists would be an essential for this role along with good computer and communications skills.
To provide general assistance for the Goods Handling service: receipt, registration, storage and distribution of goods delivered to DLS.
- Ensure deliveries are collected and recorded;
- Undertake electronic receipt registration (via Diamond eproc system) of all incoming deliveries;
- Inform staff and contractors when their deliveries have arrived;
- File delivery notes and signed Receipt Registration labels;
- Assist with housekeeping tasks;
- Relocate parcels / deliveries to storage compounds / locations;
- Assist with packaging items/goods for dispatch;
- Plus general admin duties.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Computer literate and have relevant experience;
- Experience of working in a stores environment;
- Proven organisational skills with good attention to detail;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Tactful and diplomatic in dealing with others;
- Willingness to help and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Flexible approach to work;
- Good IT skills, including MS Office Suite;
- Numerate & literate.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience in working within a scientific or academic environment.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com