Diamond is free for researchers who are prepared to publish in the public domain. Proprietary research is available through the Industrial Liaison Office.
Call Deadline Date
Period for Beamtime
|-||Rapid Access for access to selected beamlines and electron microscope||Immediate Access||Open|
Requests for immediate access to a beamline can be made through a Rapid Access application.
- Rapid Access applications for MX, I05, I06, I08, I11, I13-1, I13-2, B16, B18, I18, I19, B21, B22 and B23 can now be submitted online through the User Administration System.
- Rapid Access applications for beamlines and Electron Microscope can be submitted at any time. Click here for further information. Applications for the Electron Microscope cannot yet be accepted online.
- New arrangements for Travel and Subsistence will come in to effect on Saturday 1st April 2017. This is particularly relevant to our international users. Please follow the link to see our revised policy and feel free to contact the Diamond User Office with any queries you may have.
- Vacancy at EPSRC - Application Deadline 4th August 2017
- New arrangements for meals on site come into effect on Monday 8th August 2016. Click here for further information.
EPSRC are currently conducting its annual refresh of its Strategic Advisory Teams (SATs). A vacancy has been identified on the Physical Sciences SAT for a scientist with experience of working at or with large facilities. This is owing to the importance of large facilities to the physical sciences community.
Details of the vacancy and how to apply can be found here: https://www.epsrc.ac.uk/about/governance/recruitment/membershipsab/vacancies/
- Important changes in access for users coming for beamtime: All users can now gain immediate access to site when coming to Diamond on awarded time. This will enable users to start their experiment straight away.
Summary of the process.
Effects on people or sample information on a session.
The application procedures described here are for proposals going through peer review. To find out about how to access via the proprietary route, please visit the industrial users page.
Diamond will offer a range of different modes of beamtime allocation to ensure the various needs of Users can be met.
Please consult the guidelines prior to submitting a proposal.
- Standard - To provide regular access to individuals or groups.
- Programme - To provide access for a period of up to two years.
- Rapid - To provide quick access to the beamlines.
- Commissioning - To provide access to new beamlines.
Multifacility Access to the Harwell Campus is also available to provide access to Diamond and ISIS.
Applications for Standard Access and Programme Access must be submitted online via the User Administration System (UAS).
Applications for Rapid and Commissioning are made using templates available here.