Diamond is free for researchers who are prepared to publish in the public domain. Proprietary research is available through the Industrial Liaison Office.
Users can apply for beamtime through the online proposal system.
Call Deadline Date
Period for Beamtime
|5pm 25 March||Direct Access||1 October 2014 to 31 March 2015||Open|
|5pm 25 March||Programme Access||1 October 2014 to 31 March 2016||Open|
PLEASE NOTE that the call deadline has been brought forward by one week due to internal system developments.
- Next call deadline Tuesday 25 March for beamtime from October 2014. All access modes available.
- Next DUC meeting Tuesday 18 March. Any comments to your village representative before Wednesday 12th March.
- User Administration System (UAS) online shortly with visit management in the first release.
- User meeting 3-4 September 2014. See all events.
The application procedures described here are for proposals going through peer review. To find out about how to access via the proprietary route, please visit the industrial users page.
Applications must be submitted online using the Online Proposal System. The online package is designed to take users through the information that they need to provide and enables them to upload documentation containing detailed information on their proposed experiment.
Diamond will offer a range of different modes of beamtime allocation to ensure the various needs of Users can be met.
- Direct - To provide regular access to individuals or groups.
- Programme - To provide access for a period of up to two years.
- Rapid - To provide quick access to the beamlines.
- Commissioning - To provide access to new beamlines.