Diamond is free for researchers who are prepared to publish in the public domain. Proprietary research is available through the Industrial Liaison Office.
Call Deadline Date
Period for Beamtime
|Friday 20 January 2017||I11 LDE||April 2017 - March 2019||Open|
|-||Rapid Access for access to selected beamlines and electron microscope||Immediate Access||Open|
Requests for immediate access to a beamline can be made through a Rapid Access application.
- New arrangements for meals on site come into effect on Monday 8th August. Click here for further information.
- Important changes in access for users coming for beamtime: All users can now gain immediate access to site when coming to Diamond on awarded time. This will enable users to start their experiment straight away.
Summary of the process.
Effects on people or sample information on a session.
- Rapid Access applications for beamlines and Electron Microscope can be submitted at any time. Click here for further information.
- Rapid Access applications are now being accepted for feasibility studies on Beamline I08. Please contact Burkhard Kaulich for further information.
The application procedures described here are for proposals going through peer review. To find out about how to access via the proprietary route, please visit the industrial users page.
Diamond will offer a range of different modes of beamtime allocation to ensure the various needs of Users can be met.
Please consult the guidelines prior to submitting a proposal.
- Standard - To provide regular access to individuals or groups.
- Programme - To provide access for a period of up to two years.
- Rapid - To provide quick access to the beamlines.
- Commissioning - To provide access to new beamlines.
Multifacility Access to the Harwell Campus is also available to provide access to Diamond and ISIS.
Applications for Standard Access and Programme Access must be submitted online via the User Administration System (UAS).
Applications for Rapid and Commissioning are made using templates available here.