Diamond is free for researchers who are prepared to publish in the public domain. Proprietary research is available through the Industrial Liaison Office.
Call Deadline Date
Period for Beamtime
|-||Rapid Access for access to selected beamlines||Immediate Access||Open|
1 October 2014
|Standard Access||1 April 2015 to 30 September 2015||Open|
1 October 2014
|Programme Access||1 April 2015 to 30 September 2016||Open|
20 October 2014
|Rapid Access||31 October 2014 to 31 March 2015||Closed - Call will be opened on 6 October 2014|
Requests for immediate access to a beamline can be made through a Rapid Access application.
- The Call for AP17 is now open with a deadline of 1700hrs, 1 October 2014. To submit a proposal please click here to log onto the User Administration System.
- A Call for Proposals for Rapid Access for the Electron Microscope facility will be opened on 6 October 2014 with a deadline of 20 October 2014. Further details of the facility can be found here.
The application procedures described here are for proposals going through peer review. To find out about how to access via the proprietary route, please visit the industrial users page.
Diamond will offer a range of different modes of beamtime allocation to ensure the various needs of Users can be met.
- Standard - To provide regular access to individuals or groups.
- Programme - To provide access for a period of up to two years.
- Rapid - To provide quick access to the beamlines.
- Commissioning - To provide access to new beamlines.
Applications for Standard Access and Programme Access must be submitted online via the User Administration System (UAS).
Applications for Rapid and Commissioning are made using templates available here.