Diamond is free for researchers who are prepared to publish in the public domain. Proprietary research is available through the Industrial Liaison Office.
Call Deadline Date
Period for Beamtime
|-||Rapid Access for access to selected beamlines and electron microscope||Immediate Access||Open|
|1700hrs, Wednesday |
1 April 2015
|Direct Access, Long Term and Block Allocation Group access||1 October 2015 to 31 March 2016||Open|
Requests for immediate access to a beamline can be made through a Rapid Access application.
- The Call for Proposals for AP18 (covering the period October 2015 to March 2016) is now open. Users will be notified by email in early February of the approaching deadline.
- Rapid Access applications for beamlines and Electron Microscope can be submitted at any time. Click here for further information.
- Rapid Access applications are now being accepted for feasibility studies on Beamline I08. Please contact Burkhard Kaulich for further information.
The application procedures described here are for proposals going through peer review. To find out about how to access via the proprietary route, please visit the industrial users page.
Diamond will offer a range of different modes of beamtime allocation to ensure the various needs of Users can be met.
- Standard - To provide regular access to individuals or groups.
- Programme - To provide access for a period of up to two years.
- Rapid - To provide quick access to the beamlines.
- Commissioning - To provide access to new beamlines.
Applications for Standard Access and Programme Access must be submitted online via the User Administration System (UAS).
Applications for Rapid and Commissioning are made using templates available here.