|Job Title||Administration Assistant|
|Salary information||Circa £20k (pro-rata)|
|Date of interviews|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located at Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire, we enable world-leading research across a wide range of scientific disciplines and industrial applications.
We require an Administrator to join our busy Divisional Office team.
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements for Divisional staff within company guidelines. This includes the coordination of all documentation for Visa applications including liaison with third parties and many more complicated travel itinerary requests;
- To assist in the organisation and delivery of Divisional and company-wide events, conference’s and activities as required in liaison with relevant company staff;
- To maintain and monitor all records and logs (event registration forms, events log, travel forms etc) ensuring that activities undertaken are appropriately captured, reported and up to date;
- To arrange meetings, book and prepare meeting rooms and provide/arrange hospitality;
- To liaise with external visitors, scientists and third parties;
- To maintain relevant Divisional information for financial expenditure (e.g. Company credit card and training events) by keeping records, raising purchase orders, and processing invoices as required;
- To provide cover for other science administrative personnel as required.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- The successful candidate will have experience of working in a busy office environment;
- Proven organisation skills with good attention to detail;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Tactful and diplomatic in dealing with others;
- Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels;
- Self motivated and an ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Flexible approach to work;
- Strong IT skills, including MS Office Suite;
- Numerate and literate.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience of dealing with travel issues;
- Experience of working within a scientific or academic environment.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com