|Division||Finance and Admin|
|Salary information||Circa £24k|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located at Harwell Science & Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire, we enable world-leading research across a wide range of scientific disciplines and industrial applications.
To provide for the efficient and economical treatment of orders, resolve issues arising from them and co-ordinate developments of the eProc system.
- Undertake tenders as directed by the Senior Buyer ensuring compliance with DLS and EU regulations;
- Process purchase requests between £5k and £50k ensuring value for money and compliance with DLS procedures;
- Establishing and maintaining call-off orders with suppliers for low-value transactions;
- Liaise with suppliers to discuss issues regarding existing or new purchase orders;
- Provide support, advice and training to eProc users;
- Maintain regular contact with the DLS finance department in order to follow-up any payment queries from suppliers including investigating the reasons for unexpected delivery charges on orders;
- Act as a first point of contact for all eProc related queries and log support calls using the Ecom-online helpdesk service in cases where eProc related queries cannot be resolved in the first instance;
- Co-ordinate eProc developments within Procurement;
- Update supplier/new supplier information using DREAM software package;
- Maintain and update the credit-account file, setting up new credit-accounts with suppliers, where necessary;
- Activate new users on the eProc system;
- Support the Tender and Contracts Administrator as required;
- Cover for Purchase Order Administrator as required.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Willing to undertake Procurement training as required;
- Experience using an electronic procurement system;
- Work as a buyer in dynamic environment;
- Ability to negotiate optimum conditions with suppliers;
- Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels;
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative;
- Computer literate, particularly in Excel & Word.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Purchasing in an organisation subject to European Procurement Regulations;
- Experience of technical/scientific sector.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com