Details required for a BAG proposal
Initial details required for a new BAG proposal include:
- Individual Principal Investigators (PI) who will be attached to the proposal.
- BAG Coordinator responsible for the proposal (and efficient organisation of microscope time).
- Alternate Contact (AC) may be nominated by the PI (to have permission to act on their behalf).
- Often the AC is the person responsible for organising visits to Diamond (multiple AC's can be nominated).
- Details of the projects which are to be studied.
- Sample information for these projects must also be specified on the proposal.
- Amount of time required for the following 6 months.
Information to be submitted every 6 months after a BAG has been awarded include:
- A report on the work which has been undertaken to date.
- Amount of microscope time required for the following 6 months.
- New projects and samples can also be included at this stage (as well as additional people).