** During AP28 we are accepting submissions of all proposals through the rapid access route. Proposals can be submitted at any time through the UAS. Proposals are assessed for techinical feasibiliy by ePSIC staff before being sent to two members of the ePSIC peer review panel for review. **
Rapid access proposals allow for short experiments that cannot wait until the next allocation period. Rapid access proposals may be submitted at any time and will be processed as quickly as possible. One of the following criteria must be met to be granted time via rapid access:
- The proposal is a short feasibility study, the results of which will inform whether an application is submitted via the standard route for the next allocation period.
- The proposed experiment is necessary to complete a paper that would be ready for submission upon successful completion of the experiment.
- The proposed experiment will contribute towards a PhD thesis that will be completed before the end of the next allocation period and therefore could not wait for the standard access route.
Applications for Rapid Access are made online via the User Administration System(UAS).
- Proposals are reviewed initially by the facility leader for technical feasibility. The proposal is then sent to the facility director to judge whether it meets the criteria for rapid access..
- Once the decision has been made, the facility leader is responsible for scheduling the beamtime. Scheduling will be processed as quickly as possible for rapid access proposals.