Assistant CAE Systems Manager
|Job Title||Assistant CAE Systems Manager|
|Post Type||Permanent / Full time|
|Salary information||£32,480 to £38,211 (Discretionary range to £43,943)|
The aim of this role is to provide, maintain and develop all the hardware and software tools in support of Engineering design.
- Maintain and develop all necessary CAE hardware and software infrastructure to enable the Diamond Engineering & Controls design teams, IFM Group, ID Group, VAC Group and Beamline Technicians to function efficiently;
- Engage with beamline technicians and other prospective users of 2D and 3D CAD data such as 3D printing of parts to identify and meet their requirements;
- Implement and operate systems within licence agreements for 3D and 2D CAD packages, FEA packages and other software as required;
- Develop and maintain document management systems specific to Diamond to control the status of 2D and 3D drawings;
- Work closely with the Diamond CAE System Manager in providing a robust and reliable user service and deputise for the CAE manager as required;
- Keep abreast of Business IT and CAE developments with other companies and suppliers, sharing best practice and gaining efficiencies where possible;
- Deliver appropriate training in the use of the software provided especially to non-design office staff;
- Ensure that all systems are virus free, secure and safely archived;
- Manage data transfer between sites and to and from suppliers and contractors.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Degree in CAE discipline, Engineering subject or equivalent;
- Able to use and administer CAD and PDM/PLM systems;
- Ability to evaluate, configure & install CAD related software;
- Good interpersonal, communication, verbal/written skills. A confident communicator and good presentation skills;
- Interact effectively with technical groups, service personnel and outside vendors to develop CAD related systems;
- Experience of providing daily support in mechanical or electrical Design office environment;
- Experience of managing databases.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Membership of a relevant Technical Body – BCS, IMechE, IET or similar;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Windows Server and Microsoft Office 2010/2016;
- Experience of PTC CREO, PDM-Link and ACAD Meridian;
- Demonstrate a proactive and flexible approach, able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Available for occasional travel in UK and overseas including occasional overnight absence.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com