IT Helpdesk Analyst
|Job Title||IT Helpdesk Analyst|
|Post Type||Full-time / Permanent|
|Division||Finance and Corporate Services|
|Salary information||Circa £25,000|
|Date of interviews||08/05/2014|
The UK’s national synchrotron science facility, Diamond Light Source, conducts world-class research in virtually all fields of science. Located 20 minutes from Oxford, it sits in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and offers rewarding career opportunities.
This is a hands on role, providing a front line IT support service including installation and configuration of software, IT equipment moves, hardware and software audits and other ad-hoc IT projects. You will manage and liaise with internal and external service providers. Your strong technical skills should include knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, desktop, laptop, network and printer support in a helpdesk environment.
Dell KACE tools and or Linux knowledge would be an advantage.
The suitable candidate can work on their own and as part of a team, solutions focused, good organiser with strong communication and helpdesk skills.
- User support of all systems supported by the Helpdesk;
- Resolve, record, and track user calls to completion, keeping the user updated of progress;
- Advise users on software use and setup;
- Ensure and monitor user adherence to Anti Virus and IT Security policy in force;
- Carry out software/hardware Audits as directed by manager;
- New staff support (setup and installation of desktop/laptop);
- Implement IT moves (Move, install & connection IT equipment e.g. Desktop, Laptop and Printers);
- Support other IT divisions as required;
- Liaise and co-ordinate with internal and external systems providers E.G. Site Wide IT department or DELL;
- Participate in general ad hoc projects as required;
- Carry out systems back ups and Networking tasks as required;
- Linux/Multimedia support if required.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Microsoft O/S XP & W7;
- Microsoft Office 2007;
- PC Desktop & Laptop support;
- Basic Networking;
- Printer support;
- Linux knowledge/support;
- Helpdesk role or similar;
- Helpdesk/IT management;
- Proactive approach;
- Team player;
- Good inter personal communicator at all levels (written & spoken).
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Microsoft Certified Engineer;
- BCS or Call Centre (Helpdesk) membership.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Thursday 8th May 2014 and Friday 9th May 2014.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com