SR2A 2018 Conference
Synchrotron Radiation and Neutrons in Art and Archaeology Conference (SR2A-2018)
SR2A 2018 will cover a range of subjects such as Science, Radiation, Archaeology, Arts, Cultural Heritage and Paleontology.
- 03/09/20182018-09-03 - 07/09/20182018-09-07
- Portsmouth University, UK
Diamond is delighted to hosting, together with the Mary Rose Trust and ISIS Neutron and Muon Source, SR2A-2018 - The 8th International Conference on Synchrotron Radiation in Art and Archaeology.
The conference will take place in Portsmouth from the 3rd to 7th September 2018. It will include four days of oral presentations, a poster session and the opportunity to visit the facilities at Diamond Light Source and ISIS as well as the wealth attractions at the Historic Dockyards of Portsmouth.
The conference is open to all interested professionals, including archaeologists, conservation scientists, conservators, geochemists and material scientists, researchers with experience utilising large-scale research facilities and other analytical techniques, curators, cultural heritage managers, art historians, students, potential users of large facilities.
Further information can be found here - http://www.diamond.ac.uk/Conference/SR2A-2018.html
Internationl Advisory Committee Members
• Annemie Adriaens, Chemistry, Department, Ghent University, Belgium
• Loïc Bertrand, IPANEMA, Saint-Aubin, France
• Joris Dik, TU Delft, The Netherlands
• Koen Janssens, Chemistry Department, University of Antwerp, Belgium
• Jennifer Mass, Winterthur Museum, USA
• Apurva Metha, Stanford University, USA
• Josefina Perez-Arantegui, Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain
• Martin Radtke, BAM Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing, Berlin, Germany
• Ina Reiche, Rathgen-Foschungslabor Berlin, Germany and IRCP (UMR 8247 CNRS) - C2RMF, Paris France
• Jean Susini, ESRF, Grenoble, France
• Marc Sebastian Walton, Northwestern university Chicago, USA
Local Organising Committee
• Eleanor Schofield, Mary Rose Trust
• Emma Clarke, Diamond Light Source
• Giannantonio Cibin. Diamond Light Source
• Gianfelice Cinque, Diamond Light Source
• Antonella Scherillo, ISIS