MX Bag Training
MX Bag Training
Training sessions for user of the Macromolecular Crystallography (MX) beamlines
- 14/10/20152015-10-14 - 15/10/20152015-10-15
- Diamond Light Source, Oxfordshire, UK
The Diamond Light Source Macromolecular Crystallography group would like to invite both our academic and industrial users to MX beamline training sessions on the 14th -15th October 2015.
The aim is to provide MX users with sufficient training to be able to operate any of the Diamond MX beamlines efficiently and to get the most benefit from their beamtime. The training will involve hands-on sessions on the suite of five operational MX beamlines (http://www.diamond.ac.uk/mx-home/) as well as optional offline software sessions.
14th October afternoon optional session Hands on software:
Three tutorial sessions:
• CCP4: structure solution and model building with CCP4
• Manual processing with iMosflm
15th October, morning and afternoon sessions on MX beamlines:
• MX software: automation in data analysis
• Mini-Kappa goniometry / Anomalous data collection
• Sample humidity control (HC1)
• I24 new end station/ In-situ diffraction & micro-focus
• Fragment screening – I04-1/Lab36
Registration is free-of-charge with lunch provided on the 14th and 15th October, and accommodation and dinner for the night of the 14th October. Travelling expenses within the UK will also be provided. The training is targeted at all users, and is not limited to students and post docs. It is essential that each BAG sends at least one representative per calendar year.
Places are limited to twenty five participants. The registration deadline is on the 7th October 2015.
Registration is now closed
Please direct any questions to the Diamond Events Team - firstname.lastname@example.org