Data Analysis Scientist - Machine Vision
|Job Title||Data Analysis Scientist - Machine Vision|
|Post Type||Full time / 3 year Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary information||£32,805 to £38,593 (Discretionary range to £44,382)|
We are looking for a Machine Vision specialist to join our dynamic scientific software group to apply these techniques to the data collected from imaging experiments at Diamond. Initially the role will be to extend the work Diamond has already done with machine vision techniques to classify areas of complex biological volume data with the SuRVoS Application. The role will develop further though to make the most of our established links with the UK machine vision community as well as new opportunities with groups such as the Alan Turing Institute.
You will work within a small team, within the scientific software group of experienced software scientists and engineers and will work with our scientists to identify and define requirements for data analysis applications which you will ensure are implemented in a timely and effective way.
The work may also involve enhancing and supporting the other software which the data analysis group develops, such as our core data analysis workbench (DAWN) and the tomography pipeline Savu. Both DAWN and Savu are an Open Source project so there will be opportunities to work with collaborators at other similar facilities worldwide.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Ability and initiative to get to the heart of the problem and take it effectively through to completion;
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentational skills;
- Enjoys team work;
- Self motivated, interested in keeping pace with software testing best practises;
- Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels;
- Experience or understanding of the Machine Learning field, specifically Machine Vision and Image Analysis. Experience of modern programming languages such as Java, C++ and Python;
- Requires practical experience in a professional, scientific or technical field;
- Background in using advanced mathematics and software engineering techniques for application development.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Ability to supervise or mentor small teams of more junior technical or administrative roles;
- Available to travel occasionally in UK and overseas including overnight absences;
- Higher Degree in an appropriate discipline;
- Experience of data management, describing data and exploiting databases for scientific work;
- Experience of software development frameworks and applications such as Eclipse;
- Project management experience.
Information on the Data Analyis Group Software:
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com