Places are strictly limited to 12 academic delegates. Places will be allocated on the grounds of merit and anticipated benefit. 4 industry delegates will be selected by eBIC for industry.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
• You are using single particle analysis cryo-EM as part of your current research and already have some experience.
• You have access to a plunge freezing device.
Before beginning the application process please prepare the following documents to upload to the registration page:
• A cover letter describing your motivation for applying for the course, and how this will benefit your research and/or facility. Please also describe your current role/position and your groups plans for using EM.
• A letter of support from your PhD supervisor or lab PI if you are a PostDoc.
Course dates: 16th to 19th October 2023 (Draft agenda below)
June 2023 - Applications open
31st July 2023 17:00 BST - Applications closes
August 2023 - Application review
Early September 2023 - Selection announcement
All applicants will be notified with the outcome of their application early September 2023.
If successful, you will be asked to formally accept your place by registering online. Academic places will be free of charge and industrial places incur a fee of £4,000 plus VAT (which will be invoiced ahead of the event), both include:
• all meals and refreshments
• accommodation at Ridgeway House based on Harwell Campus, checking in on Sunday 15th October and checking out on Thursday 19th October
You will need to arrange and pay for your own travel to get to Diamond.