To uphold its ambition to provide the UK with world-leading opportunities for science with synchrotron radiation, Diamond must look ahead to determine how best to upgrade the lattice of the storage ring. This meeting aims to bring together beamline and machine physicists in order to clarify the requirements of the upgrade and explore synergies both in terms of new lattices and new source schemes that will enable step-changes in SR performance and research in new areas of physical and life science.
Scope of the workshop
- Exchange ideas between machine, instrumental and applications-orientated communities about the need for coherence related science.
- Develop a stronger mutual understanding of terminology, key parameters and performance requirements for the different partners involved.
- Explore how to design the best source (machine and beamlines) to match the scientific needs of the community
- Review challenges and the tools required to achieve sucess in forthcoming machine upgrages (including Diamond II)
- Build a "Coherence" Community
- Formulate requirements for coherence science and review the way forward
Please contact email@example.com for further information.