Postdoctoral Research Associate
|Job Title||Postdoctoral Research Associate|
|Salary information||Circa £33k|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located at Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire, we enable world-leading research across a wide range of scientific disciplines and industrial applications.
We have a vacancy for a PDRA funded by MedImmune Ltd to work within the B23 Circular Dichroism beamline team developing research programme that exploits the qualities of the beamline. You will be expected to develop a programme of research using molecular spectroscopy and other biophysical techniques. You will also be required to collaborate in user research projects, support the operations of the beamline, publish results in leading journals and attend international conferences.
Candidates should have and appropriate PhD degree or equivalent qualification and knowledge or ecperience of synchrotrons. Circular dichroism and other molecular spectroscopy research experience or knowledge is preferred.
Working with the Circular Dichroisn beamline team in the following areas:
- Develop an in-house collaborative project with MedImmune in an area related to the work of circular dichorism beamline;
- Suppot the beamline and peripheral laboratory facility;
- Collaborate in in-house and user research projects;
- Support the operation of the beamline and inertact closely with the users during beamtime;
- Assist in upgrade and develop the beamline, maintaining it as a worls class users facility;
- Publish wotk performed on the bemaline in leading international journals and attend international conferences.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Appropriate PhD degree or equivalent qualifications or experience;
- Experience of Chiroptical spectroscopy techniques applied to life sciences;
- Ability and initiative to get to the heart of the problem and take it effectively through to completion;
- Good interpersonal communication and presentational skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels;
- Ability to work as part of a multi-diciplinary team;
- Must be available to travel occasionally within the UK and abroad, including overnight absences.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience in Structural Biology and Strcutural Chemistry;
- Experience with Windows OS;
- Experience of Isothermal calorimetry;
- Experinec of Raman optical Acitivity;
- Experience of Principle Component Analysis/Single Value Deconvolution;
- Experience of working with biological materials.
Diamond is committed to equality of opportunities for all, and offer a competitive salary (dependent upon skills, qualifications and experience), comprehensive benefits, an index-linked pension scheme and flexible working hours.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org