|Job Title||Helpdesk Analyst|
|Division||Finance and Admin|
|Salary information||Circa £24k (dependant upon skills, qualifications and experience)|
We are seeking a Helpdesk Analyst to join our IT Team. You will be responsible for providing first line support including installation and configuration of software, carrying out IT equipment moves,hardware and software audits and other ad-hoc IT projects. You will also liaise with and manage internal and external service providers. Your skills should include knowledge of the Microsoft operating system (XP and W7), desktop, laptop, network and printer support in a helpdesk environment. Knowledge of Networking and Linux would be an advantage. The suitable candidate will be a team player with strong communication skills and have experience on an IT Helpdesk.
- Deal with and resolve user queries relating to IT systems;
- First line user support of all systems supported by the IT Helpdesk;
- Resolve, record, and track user calls to completion, keeping the user updated of progress;
- Advise users on software use and setup;
- Ensure and monitor user adherence to Anti Virus and IT Security policy in force;
- Carry out software/hardware Audits as directed by manager;
- New staff support (setup and installation of desktop/laptop);
- Implement IT moves (Move, install & connection IT equipment e.g. Desktop, Laptop and Printers);
- Support other IT divisions as required;
- Liaise and co-ordinate with internal and external systems providers E.G. Site Wide IT department or DELL;
- Participate in general ad hoc projects as required;
- Carry out systems back ups and Networking tasks as required
Qualification & Experience - Essential
• Helpdesk experience or similar;
• Microsoft O/S 2007 and XP;
• Microsoft Office 2007/2010;
• PC Desktop & Laptop support;
• Basic Networking;
• Printer support;
• Proactive approach, Team player, good inter personal communicator at all levels (written & Spoken);
• Helpdesk and/or IT management Skills.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
• A Levels or Equivalent;
• BCS or Call Centre (Helpdesk) membership;
• Linux Networking knowledge/support;
• Microsoft Certified Engineer.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com