Senior Survey Technician
|Job Title||Senior Survey Technician|
|Salary information||Circa £33k (dependant upon skills, qualifications and experience)|
• Set out geometric reference datums for accelerator and beam line installation and initial building positional qualification
• Carry out dimensional surveys of the diamond survey network to enable best fit adjustments to be computed
• Carry out pre-alignment tasks on accelerator and beam line components using 3 dimensional measuring systems
• Survey and adjust the position of accelerator and beam line components during installation to ensure alignment tolerances are achieved
• Follow and complete work procedures and inspection reports to ensure traceability of each alignment task is maintained
• Carry out routine survey and alignment functions during shutdown periods to ensure operational parameters are maintained
Qualification & Experience - Essential
• Extensive experience in carrying out precision survey measurements to 0.1mm.
• Experience in the use of laser trackers, theodolites and Electronic and Optical measuring equipment
• Experience in computerised data logging and post-processing data and producing intelligible reports
• Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills with management, peers, and subordinates
• Must be able to carry out optical survey measurements, carry and set up equipment <25kg reasonable distances around the facility.
• Must be able to access awkward locations requiring bending, climbing and working from ladders.
• Must be able to select and use appropriate tools to adjust equipment position
• Computer literate
• Practical background in application of survey/industrial measurement techniques appropriate to precision alignment with extensive relevant experience.
• Very good working knowledge of engineering drawings.
• A good understanding of geometric transformations as utilised within multiple co-ordinate systems
• Familiarity with Work Planning and Safe Systems of work.
• Experience of working in a team
• Competent in the use of computers and Word, Excel,
• Able to work alone and unsupervised
• Experience of working within QC/QA systems
• HNC/HND level technical qualification or equivalent
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
• Specific experience gained working on an accelerator facility or other large scale project where alignment is a key requirement
• Some experience of 2D CAD software
• Driving Licence
Must be available to travel on work related business with some overnight stays occasionally.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org