Finance Business Partner
|Job Title||Finance Business Partner|
|Post Type||Permanent / Full time|
|Division||Finance and Corporate Services|
|Salary information||£42,297 to £49,761 (Discretionary range to £57,225)|
Contribute, at both the strategic and operational level, to the financial planning of the Division(s) partnering with and across the whole organisation to underpin the Vision, Strategy and Delivery Plans of Diamond working closely with the other Finance Business Partners to achieve.
Working closely with Budget holders and other Finance staff, this role will continuously improve the financial management capabilities of Diamond ensuring that the financial tools, analysis and reporting are developed to facilitate informed and optimal decisions at all levels.
- This post has a focus on the Physical Science Division from an operational perspective plus will be responsible for all Science Capital and consolidation and reporting on Diamond wide capital;
- Develop a full understanding of the business area to be able to effectively analyse and interpret the numbers and understand the implications of them; providing options and suggestions to budget holders as to how to manage unpredicted issues/activities that have to be solved for from a financial perspective;
- Produce financial management reports to enable senior leaders to manage financial risks in both the short-term and long-term decision making processes, e.g. capital investment decisions and management of resource expenditure;
- Be involved and contribute to the grant activities and reporting within the Physical Science Division;
Strategic Financial Planning
- To interpret Diamond’s Vision, Strategy and Delivery Plans from a financial perspective and contribute to the overall long term financial planning of Diamond taking responsibility to keep the financial plans up-to-date and relevant for the Division(s) as a whole while ensuring that they are aligned with and underpin the appropriate plan;
- Provide clear direction and guidance to Directors and all budget holders to enable the overall financial management of the Division. To provide financial training to the staff who support the budget holders where required;
- Responsible for the compilation of all budgets, forecasts and internal financial management reporting, providing insights, analysis and interpretation of the financial results to enable full utilisation of the resources available and provide the financial component for decision making; both short and long term for their area of focus;
- Challenge and influence budget holders and senior management through informed analysis and interpretation to ensure that budgets are realistic, underpin what is to be delivered and that the budgets within the Division(s) are prioritised and tensioned so that the final approved budget (or Forecast) accurately reflects the priorities and needs and assumptions are made are clear;
- Working with other members of Finance, develop consistent financial processes; ensuring an appropriate level of detail so that senior management has a good understanding of all their budget responsibilities from a financial perspective at a given level in the organisation and by major category of spend and income;
- Provide advice and guidance to those associated with the internal financial approval processes and deadlines that must be adhered to;
- Provide advice and guidance to those responsible to help facilitate compliance with all of Diamond’s fiduciary responsibilities;
- Working with the Director of Finance of Corporate Services and all members of Finance to coordinate, support and report on relevant matters, ensuring optimised efficiency, consistency of approach, and sharing of best practices.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- CCAB Qualification; preferably CIMA;
- Leadership skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Influencing both financial and non-financial people;
- Proactive with a can do attitude;
- Ability to articulate succinctly to non-finance people;
- Ability to build successful relationships;
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels;
- Attention to detail;
- Someone prepared to roll up their sleeves to deliver;
- Track record of taking the initiative and delivery;
- Significant financial management experience -covering budgeting, forecasting and “value added” reporting;
- Financial Planning and Analysis;
- Broad knowledge of management accounting concepts and general accounting procedures;
- Thorough understanding of Finance systems;
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Use of Financial Management tools e.g. Cognos/Hyperion.
Please note candidates invited for interview will be asked to provide a 10 minute presentation.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org