Goods Handling Supervisor
|Job Title||Goods Handling Supervisor|
|Post Type||Full Time or Part Time (Min 20 hours per week), Permanent|
|Salary information||£25,247 to £29,702 (Discretionary range to £34,157)|
Diamond is seeking to recruit an experienced Good Handling/Stores Team Leader to manage a small team of 3 people. The role would suit either a full time or part-time person who has experience of working with import/export documentation and has knowledgeable of Import/Export requirements.
The successful candidate will have proven experience and training in the Transport of Dangerous goods and radioactive materials as well as experience of working with specialist dispatches (scientific equipment, samples etc.), transport couriers and packaging.
A full UK driving licence is required for this role and experience of fork lift driving would be an advantage.
To manage receipt, despatch, distribution and temporary storage of parts / equipment ensuring traceability and safe keeping are maintained at all times.
- Responsibility for the daily operation of the Goods Handling function;
- Line management of the Goods Handling team;
- Knowledge of HMRC legislation, Import/Export requirements;
- Maintain all Good Handling documentation for all UK deliveries/dispatches and all import / export documentation such as customs clearance, customer notification and haulier contacts etc;
- Ensure all specialist goods for dispatch are safely packaged and recorded, in line with transport regulations, before shipment, arranging bespoke packaging / delivery as required;
- Manage relationships with suppliers, customers (internal and external) and hauliers to resolve queries arising from the above activities;
- Review shipping invoices and confirm budget codes for payment;
- Provide advice and assistance on all aspects of deliveries & dispatches as required, particularly in the area of specialist and hazardous transport;
- Maintain expertise through training in the Transport of Dangerous Goods;
- Ensure a safe, tidy working environment at all times.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Experience of a Stores / goods handling environment;
- Understanding of the transport regulations for specialised materials;
- Knowledge of HMRC legislation, Import/Export requirements (customs clearance etc.)
- Experience of supervising or managing a small team;
- Full UK Driving Licence;
- Ability to work flexibly within the required work pattern;
- Previous experience and training in the Transportation of Dangerous Goods and Radioactive Goods;
- Accurate, conscientious & self motivated;
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with people at all levels;
- Ability to work on own initiative: self motivated;
- Good planning and organisational skills;
- Good IT skills – standard MS Office software;
- Ability to monitor and keep stock records.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Fork-lift licence or willingness to obtain one;
- Some travel within the UK may be required.
- A full UK driving licence is required for this role and experience of fork lift driving would be an advantage.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org