Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Advisor
|Job Title||Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Advisor|
|Post Type||Full time, permanent|
|Salary information||£32,480 to £38,211 (Discretionary range to £43,943)|
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Advisor (Career Pathway to EDI Manager within two years)
Building on the foundations of the Athena SWAN (AS) initiative and recent Bronze Award success, we require an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Advisor to support the development and implementation an overarching EDI strategy and framework, as well as continue to take forward the AS programme and Silver Award aspirations.
Please note that we are seeking an exceptional candidate who over two years would be expected to progress through a role specific competency framework, which upon successful competition would allow progression to a leading role as Diamond’s EDI Manager.
As the Diamond’s EDI ‘ambassador’, the successful applicant will be expected to identify and support requirements and initiatives for the ongoing development of Equality outcomes and mainstreaming activities. If you are an organised and confident self-starter, with the proven ability to provide strategic input and operational advice, guidance and support on all aspects of EDI, then you could be the person to make an important contribution to the continued success of our science and technology-based organisation.
The aim of this role is to provide professional high quality advice and guidance so that the Diamond can better meet the aspirations of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and Athena SWAN (AS) and embed the commitment in all our policies and processes.
- Provide advice, guidance, support and training on EDI issues;
- Review, challenge, develop, implement and promote EDI Policy and practice;
- Support the development, implementation and delivery of the Corporate EDI Strategy and action plan;
- Support the AS Opportunities Team as required, co-ordinating internal and external resource to help ensure the action plan is delivered on time and to budget, providing direction, support and motivation to Opportunities Team;
- Support other EDI initiatives/ improvement programmes as directed, including the possible commitment to achieve and embed the Investors in Diversity (IiD) framework;
- Prepare and deliver presentations, workshops and training on EDI and AS to staff and other stakeholders;
- Work with HR colleagues to develop systems for reporting on HR/ EDI analytics and compile and present reports with recommendations to senior management;
- Develop and maintain expertise in a professional understanding of EDI legislation and issues within a diverse and multicultural environment, translating this into practice to ensure the company’s statutory and good practice requirements;
- Liaise and work with internal colleagues and the broader EDI local and national networks, to support the co-ordination, promotion and delivery of EDI and AS activities across the Company and Harwell Campus.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Good standard of education to degree level or equivalent;
- CIPD qualified or postgraduate study;
- Ability to adjust content of information that needs careful explanation or interpretation to suit the needs of different audiences;
- Experience of identifying and using a range of sources to produces reports that combine different types of data;
- Experience of using initiative and creativity to resolve problems, identifying practical and suitable solutions;
- Self-motivated with the ability of making independent decisions that may affect others outside the immediate working team and contributing to collaborative decisions with colleagues;
- Sound knowledge of EDI legislation/ Equality Act 2010/ good practice initiatives;
- Experience of working towards an Equality Framework (Investors in Diversity)/ Athena SWAN Charter;
- Experience of working in an equality and diversity policy environment.
- Experience of managing projects;
- Experience of writing and implementing management procedures and processes;
- Experience of communicating, promoting and developing new initiatives;
- Commitment to and understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion issues within a diverse and multicultural environment.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience of working in STEM organisation.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org