Science Division and Events Administrator - Maternity Cover
|Job Title||Science Division and Events Administrator - Maternity Cover|
|Post Type||up to 12 month fixed term, part time 24 hours per week.|
|Salary information||£25,247 - 29,702 (discretionary range to £34,157) - pro rata|
|Date of interviews||03/03/2017|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located on the Harwell Science & Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire a 20 minute drive south of Oxford in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Diamond Light Source conducts world-class research in virtually all fields of science and offers rewarding career opportunities covering both technical and scientific disciplines.
We require an experienced administrator to join our busy Divisional Office team, on a part time basis (24 hours per week - hours to be agreed) for up to one year maternity cover. You will be responsible for providing high quality administrative support to the Science Divisional Office. The post holder will be required to work flexibly, in a rapidly changing environment. It may be necessary to assist, or cover for, other administrative staff from time to time.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements for Divisional staff within company guidelines. This includes the coordination of all documentation for Visa applications e.g. for China, India etc. including liaison with third parties and many more complicated travel itinerary requests;
- Responsibility for planning & coordinating assigned events and conferences to ensure their successful delivery, including risk assessments, registration and payments, catering/accommodation/transport booking, front of house support, post-event evaluation and reporting;
- To check and process overtime claims for Science Division, ensuring that they match an approved request. Follow up and query any differences. Maintain spreadsheet to monitor spend on overtime;
- Work with the CRM system to run queries and reports regarding conference registrations, payments and accommodation & travel requirements. Use data generated to identify actions required, and resolve any queries;
- To maintain and monitor all records and logs (event registration forms, events log, travel forms etc) ensuring that activities undertaken are appropriately captured, reported and up to date;
- Prepare costings, monitor budgets, and report on spend for allocated conferences;
- Coordinate the production of literature related to events and conferences, badges and posters, as required;
- Attend and minute meetings for events and conferences;
- Organise the User Working Group meetings, assisting principal beamline scientists with the scheduling and organisation of the meetings, liaising with UWG members to organise their travel, accommodation, catering for the meeting, etc;
- To support the Diamond Seminars’ organiser, inviting prominent speakers, and arranging travel, accommodation and monitoring expense claims;
- To maintain relevant Divisional information for financial expenditure (e.g. Company credit card and training events) by keeping records, raising purchase orders, and processing invoices as required;
- To provide cover for other science administrative personnel as required.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Person flexible and able to quickly adapt to new environments;
- Significant practical experience working within an administrative field, as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Significant experience of working in a busy office environment;
- Experience of organising and co-ordinating events and workshops;
- Experience of booking travel arrangements;
- Proven organisation skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work on own initiative and take personal responsibility for delivery of work;
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to be assertive and persuasive in handling contact with internal and external customers;
- Ability to interact effectively and build relationships with staff at all levels in the organisation;
- Ability to manage various tasks at once;
- Strong IT skills, including MS Office Suite.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience of working within a scientific or academic environment.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com