Statistical Data Analyst
|Job Title||Statistical Data Analyst|
|Post Type||Casual Contract. Part time - 4 hours per week, 6 month duration.|
|Salary information||£10 per hour|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s synchrotron. It works like a giant microscope, harnessing the power of electrons to produce bright light that scientists can use to study anything from fossils to jet engines to viruses and vaccines. The facility welcomes over 6000 visitors every year through a wide portfolio of events, visits and conferences.
Diamond issues a number of surveys following on from educational and scientific workshops and conferences that would benefit from specialist analysis so that we can evaluate the effectiveness of these events, and modify them appropriately to ensure that we achieve the goals set out. For example, we recently issued a survey that has resulted in over 500 responses which urgently need to be analysed by someone with expertise within the area of data analysis and evaluation.
We are looking for casual workers to carry out the following duties:
- Compile results from online surveys;
- Export them into statistical software packages like SPSS or equivalent;
- Run analysis in SPSS creating correlation and cross tabulations etc.
- Write evaluation reports based on questionnaire analyses;
- Format results so that they are suitable for presentation.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- A level or equivalent;
- Experience in using statistical software packages like SPSS or equivalent;
- Experience in using survey software packages like Survey Monkey, Formsite or equivalent;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Strong sense of initiative;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong IT skills – standard MS office;
- Person flexible and able to quickly adapt to new environments;
- Person able to work as a team and build good relationships with staff at all levels.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience of website content management systems;
- A knowledge or understanding of data protection issues;
- Interest in science.
Interested but need more information, please contact Isabelle Boscaro-Clarke on 01235 778130.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org