Event and Administration Assistant
|Job Title||Event and Administration Assistant|
|Post Type||Full time, 18 month fixed term|
|Salary information||Circa £19k|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s synchrotron. It works like a giant microscope, harnessing the power of electrons to produce bright light that scientists can use to study anything from fossils to jet engines to viruses and vaccines.
The Communications team has a wide remit incorporating events, website, media and more. We are looking to recruit a new post to support the communications team in its general day-to-day activities, with a particular focus on event administration. We are looking for an organised and diligent individual to take on the administrative support for events and comms activities for a period of 18 months. The role will need a can do attitude with first class organisational skills matched to strong customer service skills to ensure that all enquiries and tasks are dealt with swiftly and effectively.
To provide logistical and administrative support for the Communications team’s scientific and outreach events remit, and general activities.
- Assist with event administration including: registration and payments, catering/accommodation/transport booking, front of house support; and when required work in collaboration with others involved in delivering onsite and offsite events;
- Coordinate group travel logistics for events;
- Provide other logistical support for the yearly schedule of events, as required;
- Ensure that the corporate database is up-to-date and in compliance with Data Protection requirements;
- Schedule and attend photography sessions according to the team’s requirements, and coordinate internal and external image requests;
- Post web items and carry out basic web edits, as directed, supporting the team in maintaining up-to-date content for the intranet site and external website;
- Support Diamond’s internal communications activities by disseminating information on news and events, and organising events such as the New Starter Coffee Morning;
- Monitor and maintain the Communications mailbox ensuring that items coming in are dealt with swiftly and effectively;
- Provide ongoing support to the Communications team for example acting as first point of contact for all phone and email enquiries, ensuring they are answered swiftly and effectively;
- Gather information for quarterly team reports;
- Place orders with suppliers as required linked to the portfolio undertaken by the Communications team;
- Maintain the Communication log and financial log to ensure that all aspect of the work undertaken is captured, therefore meeting appropriate Quality Standards;
- Monitor stock levels in the Diamond Comms Store, ensuring this area is kept tidy and we keep track of display material that is loaned out;
- Assist the PR office with setting up media visits and the cataloguing of media coverage;
- Provide administrative support in issues management and crisis situations;
- Provide other administrative support as required.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- A level or equivalent;
- Person flexible and able to quickly adapt to new environments;
- Person able to work as a team and build good relationships with staff at all levels;
- Flexible to work outside standard office hours;
- Interest in science;
- Experience of working in a busy communications/press office;
- A knowledge or understanding of data protection issues;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Strong sense of initiative;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong IT skills – standard MS office;
- Ability to work under pressure.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience of website content management systems;
- Knowledge of a second European language.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com