Events and Development Manager
|Job Title||Events and Development Manager|
|Post Type||Full time / Fixed term for 24 months|
|Salary information||Circa £34k|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located on the Harwell Science & Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire a 20 minute drive south of Oxford in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Diamond Light Source conducts world-class research in virtually all fields of science and offers rewarding career opportunities covering both technical and scientific disciplines.
Diamond now welcomes over 6000 visitors every year, we are now looking at recruiting a new post to lead the management and delivery of a wide portfolio of events, visit and conferences. We are looking for an extremely proactive individual to take on the management and delivery of this area for a period of 24 months. In addition, we would like the individual to drive forward our development a plan, ensuring appropriate fundraising is leveraged towards the conferences, event s and educational activities we undertake. The role will need a can do attitude with first class organisational skills matched to strong customer service skills to ensure relationship are swiftly in place to facilitate the delivery of this busy area.
For an information conversation about the post, please contact Isabelle Boscaro-Clarke, Head of Communications on 0044 (0)1235 778130.
To coordinate and deliver the large annual portfolio of events (80+ events) making sure that activities are well resourced and delivered within budget; liaising with suppliers and partners to raise funds to help support event activities.
- Coordinate centrally the large annual portfolio of conferences and workshops; overseeing the approval process and resource management for each event;
- Manage and deliver large scientific and technical conferences from start to finish, with responsibility for all logistics and administration involved, and leading on relationship management with key academics and staff for event organisation;
- Manage the delivery of workshops and meetings, ensuring appropriate resources are in place for each event and picking up associated administrative duties as required;
- Prepare costings, monitor budgets, and report on spend for allocated conferences and workshops;
- Facilitate web interfaces and registration systems relating to events, as required;
- Manage the coordination of resources for the Diamond e-learning platform to maximise resources developed for key workshops and conferences;
- Coordinate the production of literature relating to events, including abstract booklets and conference proceedings;
- Develop and carry out post-event analysis; prepare evaluation reports for each event undertaken and contribute to the production of statistics for the organisation ;
- Work with the other team members on effective use of social media for events;
- Manage the database of contacts from each event to maximise opportunities and ensure that future events are targeted appropriately;
- Manage bespoke visits: organise staff and Diamond tour locations;
- Lead on the relationship management with suppliers and partners to raise funds (between £80k - £100k) to help support event activities, taking care of all associated administration;
- Be responsible for the communications store, ensuring it is well organised and stock management is monitored appropriately.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Science degree or substantial experience in event management
- Strong sense of initiative
- Experience of organising and co-ordinating events and workshops;
- Highly organised individual
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to manage various task at once and manage external subcontractors
- Ability to build and manage relationships;
- Understanding of science and scientific issues;
- Strong management skills;
- Strong IT skills – standard MS office, database Management
- Flexible and able to quickly adapt to new environments;
- Person able to work as a team and build good relationships with scientists and staff at all levels
- Flexible to work outside standard office hours.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience of working in a scientific environment
- Experience of publications production and management;
- Experience of website systems and event interfaces.
- Membership of a professional Institution;
- Experience of managing people.
Must be able to travel occasionally within the UK and abroad, including overnight absences.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org