|Job Title||Casual Workers|
|Salary information||£8 - £12 per hour, depending upon activities|
The UK’s national synchrotron scientific facility,Diamond Light Source, conducts world-class research in vitually all fields of science. Located 20 minutes from Oxford, it sits in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and offers rewarding career opportunities.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic and flexible individuals to work on a casual and an ad-hoc basis as part of our Communications Team. Projects would suit individuals with a keen interest in science and communicating with audiences ranging from academic researchers to the local community.
You should be able to contribute to a variety of activities including:
Administration: this includes preparing information packs and assisting with the administration for activities undertaken by the Communications team, mail-outs, desk research and general assistance with logistics linked with communications activities.
Outreach: this includes assisting with public visits at variable times of the year; help with exhibitions, web content for public, development of materials for schools, and assist in grant application process for science communication.
Experience of content editing web and intranet sites would be an advantage as we have large web and intranet sites, both of which are extensively used. Experience in research methods would be an advantage.
To find out more about these opportunities, please call Silvana Westbury, Acting Head of Communications, on 01235 778238; pay will be based on skills and relevant experience and task assigned.
To provide occasional support to the communications team in activities ranging from event administration, outreach activities and research projects.
- Prepare information packs and assist with the administration for activities undertaken by the Communications team;
- Organise mail-outs;
- Desk research using the internet and web of science;
- General assistance with logistics linked with communications activities.
- Help sorting-out stock in communication store for events and other activities.
Assist with public visits at variable times of the year;
- Help with exhibitions logistics and their delivery;
- Help with content editing for websites;
- Participate and assist in grant application process for science communication;
- Constribute to other activities as required by the communications team.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- IT literate;
- Knowledge of MS office, mail merge and database system and Internet searching;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Attention to details;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Degree or equivalent in science or marketing communication discipline;
- Experience of content editing web and intranet sites;
- Experience in research methods;
- Ability to work at weekends.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com