The new online system, available from September 2014, will take users through the following step-by-step procedure:
• Experiment - provide a brief summary of the experiment to be undertaken
• Facility Access - state the access route for your application
• Funding - state any funding relevant to this proposal
• Experimenters - provide the names of the experimental team
• Beamline - select which beamline you wish to apply for
• Beamline Questions - specific questions to aid technical assessment and scheduling
• Publications - list recent publications at Diamond
• Samples - submit details of the samples for the experiment
• Science case - two page scientific case to support your proposal
• Terms and Conditions - must be accepted before proposal submission
The "How to Write Proposals, Do's and Don'ts" document contains useful information on proposal preparation.
Whilst Post Doctoral Research Assistants (PDRAs) employed by Diamond may be the Principal Investigator on a proposal, external PDRAs, Support Scientists, Postgraduate and Undergraduate students cannot be Principal Investigators.
Diamond Light Source is the UK's national synchrotron science facility, located at the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire.
Copyright © 2018 Diamond Light Source
Diamond Light Source Ltd
Harwell Science & Innovation Campus