- Our recommendation is to load up to 8 grids (which takes approximately 1 hour to load)
- The more grids you load the more time you will spend screening and less time collecting data
- You can bring a backup sample, if agreed in your proposal, but make sure it is on the session ERA!
- Local contacts load the Krios once per 48 hour session (both BAG and Rapid sessions)
- BAG super-users may operate the microscope according to their individual accreditation.
Falcon III (Integrating or Counting detector)
- Works at a range of electron doses so short exposures can be used
- Potentially better DQE at high spatial frequencies when compared to the K2
- Up to 140 images per hour throughput
- Excellent for large complexes above 1 mDa in integrating mode
- Excellent for complexes below 500 kDa in counting mode
Quatum K2 summit (counting detector)
- Super-resolution can recover information past the Nyquist frequency of the original image
- Up to 90 images per hour throughput
- Excellent for complexes below 500 kDa
- Located behind an energy filter - the preferred detector for cryo-tomography applications