|Job Title||Accounts Payable Supervisor|
|Post Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Division||Finance and Admin|
|Salary information||Circa £24,000|
|Application deadline||Open Vacancy|
|Date of interviews||TBC|
Day to day supervision of the accounts payable team to ensure smooth running of the department. Coordinating daily meetings, documenting task allocations and task completion.
Working with the other members of finance to ensure that problem areas or backlogs are highlighted, recorded and resolutions are suggested and implemented.
Deal with incoming enquiries from internal and external customers, providing resolution to the queries, setting deadlines for resolution, liaising between departments where resolution requires several people and escalating the issues where absolutely necessary.
Undertake the processing of all documentation coming into finance through several complex IT systems Eproc, Exclaims, and Dream. Ensuring that all documents are entered correctly, and paid in a timely manner.
Provide support and training to other users within the company ensuring that they are fully aware of how to use the systems most effectively, to enable them to complete their administrative tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
Assist in the continuing development of the IT systems used, being responsible for maintaining a record of any issues or faults within the systems, providing suggestions for solutions to the faults or improvements to the system. Undertake the testing and implementing those suggestions where appropriate.
Preparing documentation detailing the new processes created by the continuing development of the systems, ensuring that all affected staff are informed of the changes and providing additional training and advice throughout Diamond to all staff where necessary.
Ensure all entries into the accounts are complete and accurate, interrogate the systems to provide the finance manager and management accounts team with reports detailing Accounts Payable status at month end.
To assist with any other accounting duties as they arise
Qualifications and Experience: Essential
• Able to operate procedures for Accounts Payable and expense claim processing
• Supervisory and mentoring skills
• Attention to detail, able to review documents for errors and then correct them
• Able to prioritise work and manage various demands, from various sources
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently as required
• Good numeracy, data input and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to multi task, handling several elements of the role at the same time
• Proven skills in computer packages such as Excel and with legacy accounting systems
• Experience of all aspects of Accounts Payable (or alternatively high volume Accounts Receivable) and expenses processing
• Experience of query resolution and balance sheet reconciliation
• Experience of supervising a small team
• Evidence of experience in close working with team members to improve performance
• Understanding the importance of ensuring that the entries into the books of account are accurate
• Maths and English GCSE standard
• Supervision of Accounts Payable
Qualifications and Experience: Desirable
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels throughout the organisation and external to the organisation
• Experience of working in a time pressured environment
• Experience of transaction processing in foreign currencies
• Ability to effectively communicate a financial perspective to highly qualified (but non financial) members of staff
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.