|Job Title||Assistant Beamline Design Coordinator|
|Post Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Salary information||Circa £33k|
|Date of interviews||TBC|
• Take responsibility for a number of projects in the group.
• Liaise with Diamond technical, scientific, planning, procurement and facility management departments through the whole project life cycle.
• Liaise with the external consultants retained by Diamond and facilitate good communication and exchange of information and ideas with the project team
• Advise the internal clients on appropriate procurement methods and expertise required
• Setting up and running meetings, preparing and distributing the notes and minutes.
• Manage the transfer of design information into and out of Diamond keeping close control on issue levels and review comments
• Closely monitor the consultants design quality, progress and general performance
• Contribute to the design risk assessment process
• Participate in the tender adjudication process and prepare tender adjudication reports.
• Preparation of monthly design progress reports
• Work closely with the construction manager to ensure that all design information is available to the contractor for implementation
• Participate in contractor feedback meetings and value engineering process
• Assist in the management of the commercial aspect of the consultancies.
• Contribute to the development of relevant procedures associated with the design of various projects up to the selection of the contractor.
Qualifications and Experience: Essential
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self motivated and able to work on own initiative, paying attention to detail
• Team player but able to drive for results
• Computer literate and experienced with Microsoft Office Suite of products
• Competent in AutoCAD
• Expertise in either mechanical or electrical services, civil, structural or architectural design
• Degree/ HND in relevant technical subject
• Ability to chair and control meetings
Qualifications and Experience: Desirable
• Production of Building and building services design and procurement specifications for projects
• Project Management
• Management of the tender process and adjudication
• ACIBSE or equivalent
• Significant relevant experience delivering multi-discipline projects
• Compilation of project plans and estimates
• CDM regulations and designer risk assessments
• Planning, building regs and construction practice
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.