Senior Building Controls Engineer
|Job Title||Senior Building Controls Engineer|
|Post Type||Permanent / Full time|
|Salary information||£41,878 to £49,268 (Discretionary range to £56,658)|
|Application deadline||Open Vacancy|
|Date of interviews|
We are looking to develop our building services control section within the Installation & Facilities Management Group.
We are now recruiting for a Senior Building Controls Engineer to deliver and co-ordinate the continued consolidation, expansion and ongoing upgrade of our extensive Siemens Desigo Insight based Building Management System (BMS) which provides the control and automation of the majority of our HVAC/building services installations.
The provision of Senior Building controls management to the Diamond estate for the main BMS and standalone control sub systems and leadership of the in house and specialist contractor teams.
You will possess an HNC or degree in a relevant discipline and have significant experience of design/commissioning/ operational management of BMS. You will have good communication and project management skills.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and day to day operation of both the Building Management System (BMS) and standalone building control systems;
- Technical responsibility for all operational aspects of the BMS including;
- Alarms – levels/types, notifications, investigation, rectification or escalation.Trend/trace monitoring regimes, including normal, out of tolerance and failure modes
- Failure/Override/Parameter change reviews
- System performance, metering, associated energy and plant load review
- Building controls network
- 3rd party integrations using ModBus, LON, KNX, BACnet etc.
- Management reporting
- Identification of suitable efficiency improvements in either plant performance or improved life cycle costing.
- Problem solving and fault diagnosis with respect to the control systems on all site mechanical & electrical services; including air conditioning, general and specialist ventilation, MTHW/LTHW, chilled water, refrigeration, hot and cold water systems, electrical monitoring, etc.;
- Development of initial scoping, basis of design, commissioning protocols and/or detailed tender/pricing documentation;
- Management/liaison of external consultants, contractors, service engineers and suppliers. This includes review of technical submissions, site inspections, witnessing and ‘sign off’ of new and/or extended building control systems;
- Development of building controls standards, updating and/or creation of appropriate management procedures; including group operational practices, PPM regime, spares holding, critical and standard systems resilience, interface practices with associated mechanical and electrical systems etc.;
- Technical evaluation/report production of proposed modifications/improvements to systems;
- Review of group skills and competencies, creation of training programme, delivery of “In House” systems use and skills training sessions;
- The continued development, implementation and periodic review of suitable operational and maintenance regimes and forward maintenance plans;
- To provide line management of the Building Controls team, this includes for more junior staff additional mentoring as necessary;
- To undertake and/or manage change control procedures for all building control systems/installations and keep up to date records of all QA documentation;
- To carry out safety risk assessments and prepare method statements;
- Participation in Health and Safety and Quality Assurance procedures as appropriate to the post;
- To undertake other related duties to meet the needs of the IFM Group.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Minimum of HNC qualification in Building Services/Controls Engineering. Applicants with relevant or equivalent on the job experience will also be considered;
- Computer literate;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Work planning and organisational skills;
- Good communication skills: verbal/written;
- Management/supervision of other staff;
- Able to organise and prioritise tasks to meet project timescales (Project planning);
- Detailed knowledge of building services and Building Management Systems (BMS);
- Commissioning/Operational management of BMS and stand alone building control systems;
- Ability to specify and project management of BMS and stand alone installation/upgrade contracts;
- Experience with HVAC systems;
- Experience with MTHW, LTHW, Chilled Water, refrigeration and leak detection systems;
- Thorough Working Knowledge of Siemens Desigo Insight;
- Proven record of managing other people;
- Effective team worker;
- Flexible approach to the working conditions and environment;
- Prepared to learn new skills;
- Able to get on with people at all levels.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- The Applicant should have served a recognised Apprenticeship in an Engineering discipline;
- Working knowledge of Siemens XWorks;
- Working knowledge of Siemens RXL, RXC, RLU subsystems;
- Working knowledge of ModBus and BACnet;
- Familiarity with using Quality Control Systems, Work Planning and Safe Systems of work;
- Experience of HSE and CDM legislation.
- Flexible approach to the working conditions and environment
- The job may require some travel
- May involve 'being on call' during commissioning and operation
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com