Lightsources.org Project Manager
|Job Title||Lightsources.org Project Manager|
|Post Type||2 Year Fixed Term / Part time 29.6 hours per week (0.8 FTE). Flexible working would be considered.|
|Salary information||FTE £32,480 to £38,211 (Discretionary range to £43,943)|
|Date of interviews|
The aim of this role is to manage the international collaboration of the 20 international members of lightsources.org. To develop the website, grow membership base, fundraise for EU and international projects and ensure best practice and rationalisation of a wide range of subjects from key performance indicators, teaching resources and impact assessment.
The post holder will act a as a catalyst in the collaboration lightsources.org on behalf of the 20 worldwide member facilities with the following accountabilities:
- Lead fundraising for the collaborators by identifying opportunities and writing letters and bids to ensure growth of the membership base; Lead funding applications and partnerships across lightsources.org members which enable improved engagement and communications;
- Work with lightsources.org’s members to centralise, prioritise, write and/or commission editorial, events, call for proposals deadlines etc. for the website ensuring that the range of editorial opportunities meets its target audiences;
- Research and write original editorial pieces aimed at both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Secure an editorial role in Synchrotron radiation News and Journal of synchrotron radiation;
- Budget management and clear reporting to the members of the collaborators;
- Develop new resources to support the collaboration such as teaching, outreach and education materials which can be accessed and be of benefit for all lightsources.org members:
- Relationship management with all members so that they are engaged and kept up-to date with progress made through monthly and annual reports providing progress on costs, activities and performance indicators;
- Prepare content, agenda and reports for the virtual and face to face meetings;
- Manage the social media presence of the collaboration through the appropriate social media channels – twitter, research gate etc.
- Gather and share best practice in a range of science communication spheres across lightsources.org members as well as for methodologies used for bibliometric and impact assessment with a view to create a united community of facilities.
- Undertake any other projects as agreed by the Chair and Head of Communications at Diamond.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Science degree or equivalent experience;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Proven ability to use initiative, think creatively and focus on solutions;
- Ability to work independently and prioritise workload;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong editorial management and copywriting skills;
- A keen interest in science communications;
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at once ensuring overall delivery and adherence to timescales and deadlines;
- Proven technical knowledge and experience of web content management systems;
- Good knowledge and experience of social media;
- Experience in working with people from many different cultural backgrounds;
- Flexible and able to quickly adapt to new environments;
- Able to work as a team and build good relationships at all levels of the business;
- Flexible to work outside standard office hours in order to meet the requirements of the role and build working relationships with 20 worldwide members.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Membership of professional Institution;
- Knowledge of foreign languages (speak / read / write);
- Experience of managing people.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com