DIA0512-LV - Helpdesk Analyst
|Job Title||Helpdesk Analyst|
|Division||Finance and Admin|
|Salary information||Circa £23 k (dependant on skills, knowledge and previous experience).|
|Date of interviews||//|
Diamond Light Source is a new synchrotron and a leading scientific facility of its type in the world. Located on the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in South Oxfordshire, we host research facilities supporting cutting edge research in all fields of science.
- First line user support of all systems supported by the Helpdesk;
- Resolve, record, and track user calls to completion, keeping the user updated of progress;
- Advise users on software use and setup;
- Ensure and monitor user adherence to Anti Virus and IT Security policy in force;
- Carry out software/hardware Audits as directed by manager;
- New staff support (setup and installation of desktop/laptop);
- Implement IT moves (Move, install & connection IT equipment e.g. Desktop, Laptop and Printers);
- Support other IT divisions as required;
- Liaise and co-ordinate with internal and external systems providers E.G. Site Wide IT department or DELL;
- Participate in general ad hoc projects as required;
- Carry out systems back ups and Networking tasks as required;
- Linux/Multimedia support if required.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org