DIA0511-LV - SOAC, General Worker
|Job Title||SOAC, General Worker|
|Division||Finance and Admin|
|Salary information||Circa £15k|
|Date of interviews||//|
Diamond Light Source is a new synchrotron and a leading scientific facility of its type in the world. Located on the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in South Oxfordshire, we host research facilities supporting cutting edge research in all fields of science.
To assist with the effective organisation and execution of general duties as part of the Synchrotron Office Air Conditioning Project.
- Carrying out office and IT equipment moves within the Diamond Synchrotron building;
- Installation of furniture (desks, bookcases etc.) in rooms to be used during the SOAC Project;
- Assistance with packing, movement and unpacking of belongings for people moving to temporary locations;
- Disconnection, movement and reconnection of all IT equipment for people moving to temporary locations;
- Assistance with packing, movement and unpacking of belongings for people moving back to original locations;
- Disconnection, movement and reconnection of all IT equipment for people returning to original locations;
- Checking that IT equipment works after reconnection (e.g. logging in with special account to test access to servers and email) both at temporary and return to original locations;
- Assisting staff with any queries relating to temporary moves;
- Clearance of existing furniture stores and movement of furniture to new location including:
o Organisation of store for easy access and retrieval of spare furniture;
o Creating an inventory of furniture available.
Other duties include:
- Assistance with restocking stationery, kitchenette and wash room supplies etc. throughout the buildings as required;
- Assistance with daily re-configuring of meeting and conference room layouts;
- Assistance with postal collections from Diamond Stores;
- Assisting with setup work and support of company events;
- Other duties as directed including tidying areas internal or external as required.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Able to undertake significant and regular manual handling tasks safely with care and attention to detail;
- Confident enthusiastic self-starter able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Customer focused, with excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, both verbal and written;
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions;
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Good level of IT literacy including familiarity with disconnection and reconnection of IT equipment.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience in planning and prioritising workload;
- Sufficient knowledge or experience to confidently undertake tasks such as assembly of office equipment and furniture etc.
- Manual handling trained;
- Clean Driving Licence.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com