Postdoctoral Research Associate in Accelerator Physics
|Job Title||Postdoctoral Research Associate in Accelerator Physics|
|Salary information||Circa £33 - 35k; a higher salary maybe considered for exceptionally qualified candidates.|
The Diamond facility consists of three accelerators – a 100 MeV linac, a 3 GeV booster synchrotron and a 562 m circumference 3 GeV storage ring.
Diamond Light Source Ltd. wishes to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Associate to work in the Accelerator Physics Group within the Diamond Technical Division.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Carry out theoretical, simulation and practical studies to understand and optimise the performance of the Diamond accelerators under different operating conditions. Possible topics include non-linear dynamics optimisation, impedance characterisation, instability studies etc.
- Contribute to advanced studies for ultra low emittance lattices and other possible Diamond upgrades including beam modulation schemes, new injection methods etc.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- First Degree in an appropriate branch of physics.
- Relevant Postgraduate Degree.
- High degree of mathematical, computational and IT skills.
- Some experience of accelerator physics of either a practical or theoretical nature.
- Self motivation, flexibility, and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentational skills.
- Available to travel in the UK and abroad, including occasional periods away from home.
- Available to work occasional shifts operations.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
Experience in the accelerator physics aspects of synchrotron radiation sources.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org