General Services Technician
|Job Title||General Services Technician|
|Salary information||Circa £25k (dependent upon skills, qualifications and experience)|
|Date of interviews|
The key duties of the post are as follows:
• To carry out installation and assembly of a range of pipework systems both on site and within workshop type environments, including testing and commissioning.
• To participate in the construction, testing and commissioning of future building services and distribution systems.
• To perform monitoring and testing duties, as required by the Statutory Authorities.
• To assist with the operation and maintenance of the building services plant and distribution systems.
• To undertake problem solving and fault diagnosis on mechanical building services including process and chilled water, HVAC, MTHW/LTHW, compressed air, domestic water, natural gas and vacuum drainage systems.
• To liaise with other Diamond technical staff, external contractors, service engineers and suppliers.
• To perform occasional supervision of external contractors in relation to future mechanical fit out and maintenance or modification works.
• To keep up to date records of Quality Assurance documentation and participate in Change Control Procedures for mechanical installations.
• To carry out and assist with the preparation of safety risk assessments and method statements.
• Participation in Health & Safety and Quality Assurance procedures as appropriate to the post.
• Participation in Mechanical On Call system.
• To undertake other related duties to meet the needs of the Diamond IFM Group.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
• Experience with process & chilled water systems
• Experience with HVAC systems
• The applicant should have served a recognised apprenticeship in an engineering discipline.
• Self motivated
• Effective team worker
• Flexible approach to the working conditions and environment
• Good problem solving skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
• Computer literate
• Work planning and organisational skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Able to organise and prioritise tasks to meet project timescales
• Experience with LTHW/MTHW/Compressed air systems
• Experience with drainage/vacuum drainage systems
• Familiarity with using Quality Control systems, Work planning and Safe Systems of Work
• Experience of HSE legislation
• Considerable work experience
• City & Guilds Craft/Advanced Craft qualification in heating & ventilation or equivalent knowledge.
• Prepared to learn new skills
• Able to get on with people at all levels.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org