|Job Title||Facilities Assistant|
|Division||Finance and Admin|
|Salary information||Circa £15k|
|Date of interviews|
Diamond Light Source is a new synchrotron and a leading scientific facility of its type in the world. Located on the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in South Oxfordshire, we host facilities supporting cutting edge research in all fields of science.
To assist with the effective organisation and execution of general duties as part of a customer facing role within the Soft Facilities team.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- All postal distribution, collection and documentation;
- Administration and restocking stationery, kitchenette and wash room supplies etc. throughout the buildings as required;
- Responsible for all daily re-configuring of meeting and conference room layouts;
- Provide support for all general department activities including help desk enquires, access control, meeting room bookings, filing, placing orders;
- Proactively assisting visitors as necessary;
- Assisting with setup work and support of company events;
- Carrying out minor office and equipment moves where required;
- Minor building maintenance including, unblocking toilets and drains, spot cleaning ad-hoc repairs and painting, isolating services in case of leaks etc;
- Other duties as directed including tidying areas internal or external as required, snow clearance and gritting etc.
This is not an exhaustive list.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Confident enthusiastic self-starter able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Customer focussed, with excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, both verbal and written;
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions;
- Able to undertake significant and regular manual handling tasks safely with care and attention to detail;
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Good organisation skills;
- Practical hands on ability;
- Good level of IT literacy including familiarity with MS office and use of e-mail;
- Experience in planning and prioritising workload;
- Sufficient knowledge or experience to confidently undertake tasks such as assembly of office equipment and furniture etc;
- Experience of building maintenance type work;
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent;
- Clean Driving Licence (within 3 months of employment).
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Manual handling trained;
- Fire Warden trained;
- First Aider trained.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org