Web & Digital Content Manager
|Job Title||Web & Digital Content Manager|
|Post Type||Full time, permanent|
|Salary information||£32,805 to £38,593 (Discretionary range to £44,382)|
Are you passionate about Science and Technology? Diamond Light Source the UK’s national synchrotron is looking for a Web & Digital Content Manager to share information about Diamond to a wide range of audiences.
You will need to have had first-hand experience in writing for a wide range of platforms as well as experience in commissioning content, matched to a solid track record of working with researchers and staff to enable them to create the content for the website and intranet. You will need to have a strong understanding of the pressing demands of social media and experience of how to build a widespread digital presence. Strong project management and matrix working required.
If you’d like to be part of a busy internationally respected communications team and join a community like no other; then we would love for you to apply.
AIM: Responsible for the proactive editorial content management and development of external and internal websites, online tools and communication, and social media platforms.
- Work with the Head of Communications to develop the external website in accordance with the organisation’s business needs and priorities;
- Manage the intranet project to update the organisation’s current intranet, leading on the consultation and relationship management with content owners;
- Design and implement a methodology to ensure that all external website and intranet content is up to date and in line with corporate vision and strategy, working with colleagues across all divisions as necessary;
- Deliver high quality content for the external website and intranet, in consultation with web area owners and in line with the organisation’s brand and key messages;
- Identify opportunities for research highlights and carry out or commission editorial copywriting for all digital content, liaising with colleagues and external parties as required;
- Manage the allocation of external website and intranet enquiries that come in via the issue tracking system, ensuring that they are dealt with in a timely manner;
- Provide guidelines and training for all colleagues on how to use the content management system for the external website and intranet;
- Manage Diamond’s social media presence and identify opportunities to expand to additional appropriate platforms in accordance with the communications policies and agreed strategy;
- Create and issue timely and relevant content via social media in alignment with the Communications Team’s programme of activities and campaigns;
- Manage Diamond’s subscriptions to online tools such as survey software and video sharing platforms, and provide access and guidance to colleagues in other divisions as required;
- Contribute to other communications activities including copywriting, outreach and educational projects, communications training and corporate events as required.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- A creative flair for writing and presenting information;
- Able to work individually as well as part of team;
- Self-motivated and ethically-minded in dealing with information dissemination;
- Experience in science communication or equivalent;
- Experience in managing and creating online content;
- Experience in using social media platforms for corporate content;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Strong copywriting skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to build relationships quickly and effectively at all levels.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Degree in science or science related discipline or equivalent;
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS;
- Knowledge of content management systems;
- Knowledge of publishing packages like the Adobe creative suite or equivalent;
- Experience of matrix working with large scientific communities;
- Ability to manage people;
- Ability to write in another European language.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org