CAD/CAE Assistant Manager (Systems Administrator)
|Job Title||CAD/CAE Assistant Manager (Systems Administrator)|
|Post Type||Permanent / Full time|
|Salary information||£32,480 to £38,211 (Discretionary range to £43,943)|
|Date of interviews|
The aim of this role is to provide, maintain and develop all the hardware and software tools in support of engineering design.
The CAE assistant will provide technical support for all CAE Systems in both 2D and 3D disciplines including ongoing systems development and upgrades. An understanding of CAD integration with embedded applications will be beneficial. The ability to troubleshoot and resolve non-routine problems and create written documentation would be required. You will play a key role in training setup and be involved in application evaluation and testing for future upgrades.
This role will require the individual to work closely with the Engineering Design Staff, which is made up of Mechanical / Electrical / Project Engineers / Designers and other staff involved with CAD/CAE applications.
This is a challenging role requiring good technical and communication skills offering huge job satisfaction, an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic person to contribute to the continued development of engineering design systems in a scientific environment and with an opportunity to progress and develop on your current skills.
- Maintain and develop all necessary CAE hardware and software infrastructure to enable the Diamond Engineering & Controls design teams, IFM Group, ID Group, VAC Group and Beamline Technicians to function efficiently;
- Engage with beamline technicians and other prospective users of 2D and 3D CAD data such as 3D printing of parts to identify and meet their requirements;
- Implement and operate systems within licence agreements for 3D and 2D CAD packages, FEA packages and other software as required;
- Develop and maintain document management systems specific to Diamond to control the status of 2D and 3D drawings;
- Work closely with the Diamond CAE System Manager in providing a robust and reliable user service and deputise for the CAE manager as required;
- Keep abreast of Business IT and CAE developments with other companies and suppliers, sharing best practice and gaining efficiencies where possible;
- Deliver appropriate training in the use of the software provided especially to non-design office staff;
- Ensure that all systems are virus free, secure and safely archived;
- Manage data transfer between sites and to and from suppliers and contractors.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Degree in CAE discipline, Engineering subject or equivalent
- Able to use and administer CAD and PDM/PLM systems.
- Ability to evaluate, configure & install CAD related software
- Good interpersonal, communication, verbal/written skills. A confident communicator and good presentation skills.
- Interact effectively with technical groups, service personnel and outside vendors to develop CAD related systems.
- Experience of providing daily support in mechanical or electrical Design office environment.
- Experience of managing databases
- Experience of PTC CREO, PTC PDMLink and AutoCAD
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Windows Server and Microsoft Office 2010/2016
- Experience of FEA (Ansys) /CAM/3D Printing
- Membership of a relevant Technical Body – BCS, IMechE, IET or similar
- Demonstrate a proactive and flexible approach, able to work independently or as part of a team
- Available for occasional travel in UK and overseas including occasional overnight absence
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org